Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sweeping declaration

Let it be known that when you climb a reasonably tall tree, and then do a cherry drop on a (thankfully low-hanging) branch in an effort to gain back your youthful joie-de-vivre, but then you fall out of said tree because you are not ten years old anymore and you are sleep-deprived and maybe a bit hysterical, you have nobody but yourself to blame. That is all.

*rubs sore shoulder*

Apparently, I was riding a false sense of confidence high after working on some fun gymnastic-y stuff at the gym today. It felt so good to do some backbends and handstands and front walk overs again. It's also the first time in years, I think, that I managed a back walkover without any help. I fully want to be that 90 year old woman someday who schools all the young 'uns by sprinting up a mountain or something. OK, I'll totally be happy just to have both of my hips and all of my own teeth at that age, even if I am motoring around in a scooter with a flag on it with all of my ancient, toothless dogs crammed around me like some canine version of Tetris. I will also probably be wearing all the t-shirts with kittens on them that I want. But they will still be kind of sexy t-shirts (is there any other kind of kitten t-shirt?).

On the other hand! My sister Emma and her partner Steve are driving down here as we speak! I am deliriously excited, because they're already in Portland so they'll be here soon. I have heaps of study to do (being that I'm smack in the middle of midterms), but we'll be able to squeeze in coffee breaks and dinners and maybe even some cheeky drinks later on tonight. It's just that I don't want to have to study at all. You *could* say that I'm experiencing...an Emma Dilemma. Hey-o!

*crickets*

No comments:

Post a Comment